Have you ever secretly dreamed of taking on a new role, switching into a different job, company or industry so that you can take some time off?
I recently worked with a client who admitted that she secretly wanted to be fired so that she had a legitimate reason to take an extended break and just relax.
To be honest after the years that we’ve all experienced globally I don’t blame her.
We live in a culture where it can seem “lazy” or “bad” to take a break. But the truth is, rest and time to just be is important.
Surely there must be a way to take a pause and break without going to such drastic extremes to quit your job in order to get it?
Today we explore how to take a break from your career or business without self sabotaging your hard work….
In this Episode We Explore:
- Why taking breaks is essential for high performance
- The 3 mindset shifts to approach taking a break
- How do you practically take a break without self sabotaging your hard work?
DURING THE PODCAST I MENTION:
- Episode #2: The #1 Killer To Doing Work You Really Love
- Episode #23: The High Achiever’s Guide to Taking An Effective Pause from Prioritising Work
- The burnout survey (it’ll take 5 minutes to complete)
If you need support in your career or business right now to get unstuck or re-assess if you’re going in the right direction, my books are currently closed. However you can get your name on the waitlist by CLICKING HERE.
Did You Enjoy This Episode?
If you enjoyed this episode and the podcast generally, I have a favour to ask 😍 Please take two minutes to subscribe, and to write a rating and a review.
You can do that on Apple Podcasts right now by clicking here. If you are an Android user, you can follow the podcast on Spotify here. Those actions will help the podcast reach more people, and I would be truly grateful. Thank you so much.