Oh my goodness it’s the first day of December.
What a year 2020 has been!
Here we are entering the final month of the year. As we do, how are you feeling?
The other day, I was having a conversation with a beautiful woman who’s looking to dive into the Soul Aligned Career Experience (which is kicking off in January 2021 by the way).
As we were talking she brought up the topic of the low grade stress that she just can’t seem to shake.
The stress is there for obvious reasons (hello 2020). But as we spoke and dug deeper, she shared that the stress she’s been feeling has been there for as long as she can remember….
She’s tried all the things to curb her stress….
She’s spoken to a therapist, practices yoga, exercises regularly, practices gratitude and self-care. She journals on her feelings and thoughts on the regular….and yet she’s still stressed.
When a pedi isn’t enough to curb your stress.
2020 has been a stressful year.
If you’re dealing with it and find that your usual go-to solutions aren’t working, you’re in the right place.
I truly believe that these times are calling for new and different ways of being, living, and relating.
We live in a pretty disembodied world that’s focused on thinking, planning and strategies.
Oftentimes we can apply that same mind-based approach to our stress.
This can look like:
- Looking for the bright side of things
- Saying positive mantras
- Jumping into gratitude
- Taking a bath
- Going for a massage or a pedi
- Seeing a therapist
….and whilst these are all wonderful things. If you’re not connected to what you’re doing, then it’s not going to curb the stress for the long term.
The tools and actions you take, simply become another item to tick off your to-do list.
Then you know what I’m talking about.
Instead of just doing the things that we “think” we should be doing to curb our stress….how about we slow down a minute and try a different solution?
In this case, slowing down to feel.
What does that look like?
It looks like….
1. Acknowledging that it’s OK to feel shit and that you’re not OK….before you swoop into the bright side and say those positive mantras and recite off those gratitude statements that you don’t really believe anyway.
2. Asking your body what she needs before jumping into action. Is that bath really going to help? Do you need to run to let the anger out? Practicing tuning into your body is a skill that will serve you well for life.
3. Being OK with getting support to work through the stress you’re facing and to figure out what kind of support works best for you (from therapy to reiki to feminine embodiment coaching) there are so many ways to get support.
When your pedi isn’t enough to curb your stress, that doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with you….
It simply means that you’re stressed and there’s another way to work with it.
Speaking of another way of working with it, next Tuesday 8th December (for US folks) and 9th December (for those of us in Australasia), I’ll be running a free workshop training called:
The 3 Core Lies Women Tell Themselves to Fake Fulfilment.
During the training, I’ll be walking you through the 3 core lies women tell themselves to fake fulfilment so that you can see where your stress is REALLY coming from.
From this space of clarity, you’ll be able to know exactly what you need to do in order to step into a soul aligned 2021.
I’d love to have you join! You can register your seat over here: https://siobhanbarnes.com/3coreliestraining
I can’t wait to dive deeper into this with you!
Be the first to comment